Experimentation - Sublimation Printing.



I started off with sublimation printing for my experimenting. Ive combined my own images with Lu Guangs photographs of the area that has been affected by the contaminated waters. I thought visually this would give a great impact to the viewers - to give that strong message as well.

The print above was done on a scuba material, i did not edit the image before printing it and the outcome was quite purple in colour. This print is not as modern as i wanted it to be and I don't see how these realistic images would look professional on my garments. 

I decided to try the sublimation printing with just my images that i took of water. I first edited the colour by making the saturation very vibrant -- 
But the outcome wasn't what I was expecting, the colour was too vibrant and didn't give much of an impact. --


After designing this print on the illustration below I find it quite straightforward and seems as if there was not too much development in this design. 



Looking at these experiments made realise that this process does not relate to my concept or the message I am trying to convey through my garments. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Tears Series

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig