Experimentation 2 - Embroidery Designs.

I want some sort of image or design on my garments because it would be the only way to communicate the message about the impact of toxic dying.  However, I still want my piece to be modern, simplistic and simple. Because of these reasons, I did some research about the new upcoming trends for 2016 and discovered that embroidery on denim and on jackets was a new modern creative way of wearing jeans. It also gave the garments a 3D effect - which i thought could be a modern way of putting a photo on a garment.

I first used a photograph that i took without editing it before it was sewn on to the fabric.
The outcome was disappointing  - it wasn't clear and quite messy.
 This image shows the process of what the embroidery machine will do and what thread is needed to make the design.  I wasn't sure if the image on the computer would be exactly what it would look like on the fabric.
Looking at these photos, i think the first image looks more like water than the second image. - I think the more colour is used the more the image will get lost.


My second try with the embroidery machine was much better. Instead of using the image process on the program, I used the punch parameter.  The image is so much clearer and simple, i think it looks more like water than the first experiment - It looks more modern as well i think.


And because my theme is about water contamination by textile dyeing, I will only use white thread to make the pattern. Ive had to first really simplify the images I took before editing it on the program.

I really like only using white thread  and now i have the opportunity to naturally hand dye these patterns to share that knowledge that there are easy ways of dyeing textiles in an eco friendly way. 


No comments

Post a Comment

© The Tears Series

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig