Inspiration and References - General; Ximon Lee; Faustine Steinmetz; Marquis Almeida.

 Before starting to put any textures or colour onto my jacket I really need more inspiration and direction. I was encouraged to do more research after the show selection where the lectures recommended me to do more to give a higher impact to the garments.


General Inspiration : exploring shapes, composition, texture and colour compositions. Researched the recent trends and styles this month e.g. Dior, Chanel.


Menswear Designer Ximon Lee, Has created an oversized collection this year. I have chosen him as one of the references because of the colours; textures and modern look.  His work has definitely made me want to explore other ways of constructed my bomber jacket by including the frays and embracing more of the organic side of my concept and the fabrics.



I discovered Faustine Steinmetz in the i-D magazine.  I was so engaged by his innovative and daring creations. He has manipulated denim fabric taking it beyond its constraints. I find this collection very modern even though it has a sense of fine art by the volume of texture he has used. And the amount to look at doesn't hide that high quality design.
It really engaged me because I see more of a water effect which relates to my theme and i think this will definitely bring my garments to higher standard.


Marquis Almeidas collection is much cleaner in design than Faustines style but it does have a similar oversized look. He is a reference because i think his style gives off a sense of undressing which is something I have included when looking at photography inspiration and after talking to the lecturers about having my underwear on show i think Marquis's work will help me assemble my garments in an appropriate demeanor. I really like how his use of colour is very clean and more block. I think it makes the whole outfit look ore modern and this is where I need work on for my garments. This will remind me not make the dye to wash-like and more full to give this effect.

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Tears Series

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig