Fabrics for Final Garments.

The Cloth House in London so far has the fabrics I want to use for my final garments. Hemp Denim is the only fabric that I think is natural and sustainable. It is one of the most ecologically friendly fabrics and one of the oldest and I think using this will be effective and relatable/understandable with my project.

http://organicclothing.blogs.com/my_weblog/2005/12/hemp_facts_on_t.html

Organic Textile Company

This company only uses GOTS certified organic cotton yarn, bamboo and linen based ethical fashion fabrics and fair trade cotton and they know exactly where there products are made and weaved - Kerala and Turkey. 

They have a collection of none dyed fabrics which has given me the idea of only using these because then I am not supporting the production of wastewater by the dying chemicals and it will be clearly understand visually and conceptually. 


I like the idea of using natural undid fabrics because it relates to detox and a cleanse. As well it describes my simple and modern approach to the garments.

http://www.organiccotton.biz/store/

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Tears Series

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig