Dip-Dye. Natural Indigo.

I have started to dye my bomber jacket but also the bottom of each pair of jeans. I thought visually it would look quite interesting and I think it would make the viewers understand where my inspiration came from and the concept that I am getting across.

To hand dye the bottom of the jeans I needed first wet the fabric and then dust the powder dye on top, then I used my hands to spread dye all over the fabric. This made it easier for me to get the colour I wanted. (More deeper than lighter because it will look more engaging to the viewers).

After a day and a half the fabric finally dried, i really like this colour it was slightly lighter than expected but its a unique colour that you don't see very on denim fabric.  I noticed that that hem was fraying away slightly leaving strands hanging off but it gives the jeans more texture and the strands absorb more of the dye making it more visible.- I will sew the hem on the outside to show fraying texture.



For my collection to be a strong statement i really need to create more texture to encourage my message I am trying to convey. 

I unthreaded the denim which created curly strands,  I dyed this and the denim underneath. Using a hand embellisher i binder the two together. I think this quick experiment has really pushed my ideas for the bomber jacket. It looks in a sense unusual and some like its representing a disease almost which is perfect because my concept involves the cancer that is a regular occurrence caused by the water pollution. 
I don't like the blue i think it looks to washed out it needs to be more bold. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Tears Series

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig